Rules and Regulations of the Second Ural Open Festival of Russian Cinema
(hereinafter referred to as Cinema Festival)
The Cinema Festival is organized by the Sverdlosk Department of The Union of Cinematographers of the Russian Federation and is supported by Governor of Sverdlovsk region.
The Cinema Festival will take place in Sverdlovsk region from September 2 to September 8, 2017 for 7 days.
The aims of the Cinema Festival are
- introducing the best examples of Russian cinema to Russian audience;
- presenting the most valuable works of the best professionals of Russian cinema;
- building a cinema audience for 21st century.
The program of the Cinema Festival consists of the following sections:
- Competitive program (not more than 12 films12);
- Gala premiers;
- Special programs;
- Short films;
Films of the Competitive program receive awards from the following nominations:
- Grand Prize for the Best Film;
- Best Director;
- Best Producer;
- Best Actor;
- Best Actress;
- Best Cinematography;
- People's Choice Award;
- Best Debut;
- Jury Prize.
Each nomination winner is awarded a statuette and a diploma.
There may be additional prizes awarded by sponsors and partners of the Cinema Festival and other organizations.
Films for the Cinema Festival are to be accepted if they are completed in production on or after August 1, 2016 and submitted on physical media in digital formats: DCP, Format Full HD (mp4, mkv, mov, avi). Sound record must be in Russian and/or with Russian subtitles.
You should submit your application (the form is an appendix to the Festival Regulations) to the Festival Committee not later than July 15, 2017 or email it at email@example.com. The application is considered submitted if in return a notice from the Festival Committee is received about the application being on approval. The Festival Committee is in charge of the selection process. The notification of the decision regarding film participation is sent to all applicants via their email provided in the application on or prior to August 1, 2017.
Each application must contain:
- DVD / USB flash drive with the film, a file with the film on a file-sharing service (with a password if necessary), or on a service vimeo.com etc. — for the Festival Committee preview;
- Digital photo of the director;
- Digital color or black and white screenshots of the film with a minimum size of 300х400 Ps (2-3 images);
- Trailer or a film fragment (not longer than 4 minutes) in a digital format: Format Full HD (mp4, mkv, mov, avi) for advertising purposes and publication on the official website and also on the official social network pages of the Cinema Festival.
It is obligatory to complete a submission form for each participant of the Cinema Festival. Should the form be incomplete or incorrect, the Festival Committee bears no responsibility for a possible absence of full and correct film data posted on the Cinema Festival promotional materials.
The rating of the Competitive program films is compiled by a jury composed of 5 members headed by a president. The official ruling of the jury is registered in the protocol of the Cinema Festival which is finalized after each member of the jury has watched each film of the Competitive program within the Cinema Festival period.
On receiving an official notification regarding film participation in the sections of the Cinema Festival, an applicant must provide the Executive Committee of the Festival with a film print for its demonstration not later than August 15, 2017. Film prints should be submitted in formats DCP and Full HD (mp4, mkv, mov, avi) without any additional materials such as trailers or commercials. A film print may optionally be accompanied with irretrievable film posters (format not larger than B1 and not more than 2 copies).
On condition that the prints are delivered by the Cinema Festival shipping partner, all chargers will be covered by the Festival Committee.
The Festival Committee is responsible for
- complying with Russian and international copyright laws;
- for the safety of prints (DCP) from the moment of the receiving until the moment of sending them back within a 2-week period after the Cinema Festival ends.
Film prints received by the Festival Committee on DVD and USB flash drive are irretrievable.
An applicant, submitting an application, confirms their right to the film and gives permission for public screenings (not more than 3) within the Cinema Festival period at the venues of the Cinema Festival, only if there are no any other written agreements between the applicant and the Festival Committee.
The Festival Committee is in charge of issuing guest invitations and defining periods and conditions of their stay. The invited guests who are connected with the films included in the Cinema Festival programs are obliged to present the films at the Cinema Festival venues.
The Festival Committee follows all recommendations of the International Federation of Film Producers Association (FIAPF).
Compliance with all provisions of these Rules and Regulations is an obligatory condition to become a participant of the Cinema Festival.
The Festival Committee address:
137, Lunacharskogo Str., Ekaterinburg, Russia 620075
Tel.: +7 (343) 358-99-44